Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summ-ahh! I missed it!


I'm terrified of accidentally missing Summer this year. I'm doing two internships and a job and three classes, but I'm determined to live it up.


Today I took my hour between work and class to lounge by a pool with a friend of mine. I'm also determined to work out every day. Conveniently, one of my internships is about working out for free, so I got to work out and work at the same time (see video).

So the only thing I'm worried about is my tan. Last year I was SUPER tan (see photo evidence) but I think that came with teaching waterskiing outdoors for lots of hours per day. All the time I have now is a half-hour if I want to eat dinner.

But my theory is that building a tan up in 30 minute-per-day increments is actually going to be the healthy way to do it. According to one report, 15-20 minutes of sun per day could help prevent breast cancer, heart disease, depression and insomnia. So there. Sun is a welcome addition to my way-too-busy, crazy-person, health-conscious summer.


0 comments: