Wednesday, June 2, 2010


My favorite (ok, only) sister showed me something cool this weekend! She's a junior in high school, but her friends and her trade these little bracelets shaped like animals. When they're on your wrist they look like a twisted bracelet, but when you take them off they sping into an animal shape.


From what I understand, these little animals are addictive. It's about $2 for a pack of 10 or so bracelets, and they sell them at gas stations & such. But apparently in schools people will take them off and trade them. My sister had a beach-themed pack and a glow-in-the-dark pack. I stopped at CVS and got the "baby animals" pack just to see what these things were all about.

Strangely, I really like having a cat and an elephant on my wrist. I've been wearing them around for a couple of days now, and I'm assuming nobody in college is lame enough to realize I'm part of a high school trend. They've been banned in some area high schools, and I can see how they're a distraction. But for now, they're just my secrets. And since nobody ready my blog, I'm going to keep this secret for a while :)

0 comments: